Last Updated: December 2022
This privacy notice is provided to inform about how and why your personal data is used and to ensure that you are aware of your rights under data protection legislation.
We are Islanda Ltd., and we are the Data Controller, our correspondence address is 74 Birdhurst Road, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 7EB. We can be contacted on 07815 934216 or email [email protected]
The purpose for processing your data and our basis for doing so.
We process personal data for the purposes of engaging commercially with you to offer our coaching, training and consultancy services, creating a personal profile of you to inform future sessions, maintain communication, provide information on our services and for invoicing and account management.
Dependant on the type of service we agree, we will also process personal information to create a psychological profile, including, where requested, an emotional intelligence quota profile. In addition, we will process personal data in relation to training course completion and certification purposes and for the fulfilment of online orders. The lawful basis for processing this data is Article 6.1.b – performance of a contract and taking pre cursor steps to enter a contract. The type of information we process is your name and contact details including billing address as well as personal background information for psychological profiling purposes.
If you fail to provide the information that is required, we will be unable to provide our services to you.
We also process your data to maintain communication with you, the lawful basis we use to process this information is Article 6.1.f – legitimate interest. We have a legitimate interest in maintaining commercial relationships with clients.
When we undertake direct electronic marketing to individual clients, we comply with the requirements of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. We obtain your data when we engage commercially with you and at that time, we offer you the option to opt out of marketing. We subsequently offer the option to be removed from our mailing list on each email we send. Our B2B marketing activity conducted based on Article 6.1.f – legitimate interest, as it is in our legitimate interest to grow our business.
Recipients of your data
As a general principle, we will not transfer your personal data to other recipients without your permission. There are some exceptions to this:
- We will share information with People Keys for DISC assessment and 6 Seconds for emotional intelligence assessment. Our lawful basis for this is Article 9.1.b – in the performance of a contract.
- We use Etsy and Kajabi for online transactions and fulfilment of orders. Our lawful basis for this is Article 9.1.b – in the performance of a contract.
- It is possible, that we might be obliged to disclose personal information in response to a court order or other lawful obligation. Our lawful basis for this is Article 6.1.c -legal obligation.
- In the unlikely circumstance you do not pay your bills, we may pass your details to a debt collection organisation. Our lawful basis for this is Article 6.1.f – legitimate
Data processed by third parties on our behalf.
We use the services of other organisations in the processing your data, this includes:
web developers, email and document storage platforms, cloud based accountancy applications and an online course management platform. We use video conference platforms and we also utilise the services of an IT managed services company.
Those organisations that provide the above services and process personal data on our behalf are subject to a data processing contract as required by Article 28 of the UK GDPR. This ensures that your data is handled securely.
Transferring your data outside of the UK
We transfer personal data out of the UK to the USA. This international data transfer is conducted via the use of a data processing addendum and UK Standard Contractual Clauses between Controllers and Processors.
We will retain your data only for the time we require it for the purposes stated and / or where we have a legal obligation or other legitimate purpose. We will retain the personal data of our customer contacts for 7 years for the purposes of HMRC requirements and for legitimate interest purposes.
The UK GDPR provides you with several rights in relation to the data of your we process. The rights relevant to our activities are:
- You have the right to get access to and copies of your personal data.
- You can ask us to rectify any inaccurate information we may be holding.
- You can request we restrict our processing of your data.
- You can ask us to erase your personal data where we process under a legitimate interest basis (although we may have to retain some for legal reasons).
- You have the right to object to processing we undertake under a legitimate interest basis.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the above contact details.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority — the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Helpline number: 0303 123 111